A new year represents a lot of things to different people. It’s a cause for celebration and appreciation for last year’s accomplishments, as well as excitement over what’s to come. However, the new year is also a reminder that you’ve traveled one more year around the sun – and so has your skin. With every passing year, our skin loses its elasticity, fineness, and glow. Now, more than ever, is the perfect time to revive your skin and put your best face forward into 2020.
Facial rejuvenation is a blend of aesthetic procedures that are designed to make you look younger and healthier. The concept is rather broad, but often the basis is a facelift and additional procedures are used to broaden the impact.
The notion of rejuvenation is not limited to surgery, though. It also applies to the use of fat injections, botulinum toxins like Botox, and dermal fillers – which are used to remove facial folds and wrinkles, as well as to increase volume in areas. Cosmetic procedures that utilize light, such as laser skin resurfacing, help you to rid your face of age spots and blemishes, as well as to give you a healthier texture.
Dr. Stephanie Herrera and the rest of our team at Lake Jackson Medical Spa are experts in facial rejuvenation and are ready to help you achieve younger, fresher looking skin this year. If you are considering facial rejuvenation, read on to learn more about its benefits and how it can help you.
Understanding facial rejuvenation
Here are a few things to know about facial rejuvenation:
- In order to correct skin tone imbalances, reduction in volume, and sagging skin, you may need more than one procedure.
- In order to get an appearance that is vibrant, fresher, and more youthful, you could combine facial rejuvenation methods a facelift.
- Facial rejuvenation gives yourself a stronger aesthetic appeal through the refining of your face’s appearance.
What are some reasons that people will decide to get facial rejuvenation?
Typically people who are interested in facial rejuvenation want to improve the way they look and bolster their self-confidence, reduce any anxiety they feel about their skin, and make the skin sleeker and more youthful.
More specific primary objectives that a person who decides to get facial rejuvenation may have, according to Smart Beauty Guide, are:
- To eliminate indicators of the aging process and infuse your face with a younger look and feel.
- To correct a situation in which your jawline contour and cheekbones lack sufficient volume, or in which there is sagging in your neck and face.
- To counter crow’s feet, forehead furrows, and folds or lines surrounding the mouth.
- To correct and beautify dark circles beneath the eyes, or wrinkling and drooping within your lower and upper eyelid bags or upper eyelids.
With those goals in mind, it is important for anyone who is planning on getting a cosmetic operation such as facial rejuvenation to know they should have fair expectations of the procedure. The goals that you have for the operation can be discussed with Dr. Herrera during an initial consultation. A consultation is not just an opportunity for you to communicate your objectives to Dr. Herrera, but to also give you a sense of if the approach is right for you.
7 conditions that facial rejuvenation helps to counter
Facial rejuvenation provides a wide range of benefits. Here are some of the conditions that can be improved with this procedure, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons:
- Static wrinkles – These lines are always present, not disappearing when your face is in certain positions.
- Dynamic wrinkles – These wrinkles are often more apparent when you make expressions or move your face but appear as folds when you are not moving.
- Pigmentation – Excess sunlight is the #1 cause of darker areas, sun spots, and freckles.
- Scars – Scars may have raised borders, be discolored, be pitted, or have a wavy, “rolling” appearance. They can result from injury or acne.
- Vascular issues – The spectrum of vascular problems that you might experience include persistent facial redness, small blisters filled with blood (vascular lesions), or simply blood vessels on the surface of your face.
- Diminished tone – Creation of cellulite or loosening of the skin of the face can result from a breakdown in the elastin fibers and collagen that provide structural support.
- Skin dullness – Sometimes when pores are clogged and you accrue a large volume of dead skin cells, the glow of your face’s skin will recede.
Getting help for facial rejuvenation
Are you in need of a younger, healthier appearance? Then facial rejuvenation may be the answer you’ve been looking for. Dr. Herrera and her expert team can walk you through the procedure and help you outline your aesthetic goals. Give Lake Jackson Medical Spa a call today at 979-256-4427 or book an appointment online to get started on the process.